Tuesday 16 July 2013

Brain Power

It has been oft reported that we only use approximately 10% of our brain power in our lifetime.  Is that accurate?  Even if it isn't, what if we only use 50% of our brain power in our lifetime? Is that adequate to you? 
The idea that we only use a fraction of our available brain power is distressing, isn't it?  It is to me.  
So, I got to thinking - what do I think about?  Is it relevant?  Is it worth thinking about at all?  For instance, yesterday, as I walked through a giant warehouse chain and watched people shopping in their clothing department, I wanted to become an active advocate against 'sweat shops'. Actually, I have written about it on my Corporate Bits and Bites fb site.  It is anathema to me that people have to die to put clothes on our backs.  Especially, since those very clothes are not necessary, but, a 'fashion statement'.  This is exactly what occured when 'sweat shop' employees (over 1200) died recently in a building collapse.  
Can I be quiet about this?  Should I be quiet about this?  Everyone has seen the same news casts, haven't they?  The answer might be yes to all of those statements, however, I can't get the uneasy feeling that more should be done to draw attention to this than has been done in the past.  
Why are we so enamored with fashion that we refuse to see the conditions of the that production?  
So, what can I or you, do about it?  I'll tell you what I'll do about it - every time I see a violation or hear a new cast about such abuses, I will post it to this site and all of my sites. And, I will not be buying these articles any longer.  Now, what will you do about it?   If you see abuses and it's one of your favourite designers, are you going to boycott or will you hope they have learned their lessen and keep on buying from them?  It's easier when it's someone you don't know - but, what if it was your son or daughter?  Would you want others to pay attention?  I know I would.  
Let me know, are you with us?   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Privacy Policy

We value privacy, ours and yours; therefore, we will not sell or otherwise knowingly distribute any private information received by us from our contributors and/or subscribers.