Friday 1 February 2013

Beware the Family Tree - A Lesson in Positivity!

OK, I just finished reading some of the research conducted on the family tree, or, perhaps I should say, the root system.
It seems my forebears were inveterate 'sheep stealers' among other things; once they had been stripped of their land and title due to resistance to being taken over by the crown.
One should really be cautious in their pursuit of historical data. I think most people take up these types of projects, believing
the best, hoping they may be descended from royalty, or at the very least note-worthy historical figures,but, let’s face it, there’s probably shady characters and/or events in everyone’s past.
On the other hand mine were also readers, which meant they kept the historical records. This part I like – explains my love of history and storytelling. 



In later generations the clan was able to recover some status and wealth as they became sugar merchants. But, it gets a bit murky after that – some more research is definitely needed. Do I want to go there?   Should I go there?
With some trepidation, I know I will forge ahead, having to know – perhaps this is the same ‘bent of will’ that got my forefathers in trouble in the first place.
So what does this all have to do with my year of positivity? 
Just this - no matter what you encounter, no matter what you discover, it's what you do with that information that counts. 
Be part of my year of positivity - let me know what you're doing, how your keeping track, how you're advancing or what challenges you're encountering. 
Like · ·

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Privacy Policy

We value privacy, ours and yours; therefore, we will not sell or otherwise knowingly distribute any private information received by us from our contributors and/or subscribers.