Sunday 1 January 2012

Welcome 2012!

It’s a new day, in a New Year – 2012! 
This year promises to hold exceptional opportunities, just like last year did, but, we need to identify these and grab hold and make them our opportunities!

I’ve been blessed this past year with good friends, absolutely brilliant colleagues and a family to make everything else a bonus.  I wish this to each and every one of you for this coming year. 

Are you working?  Do you enjoy your job?  If not, why not?  If so, are you giving it 100% or are you coasting? 

If, this year, we all gave 100% to whatever job we were doing and if we’re not happy in our current employment we take the steps to find out where we would be more content, we wouldn’t have to mend and make do so often - at work, home or play.   Let this year be your year of discovery. 

Personally, I’m down-sizing, not my house – anyone who knows me knows I already live in a moderately sized house, however, my house is filled with things and sometimes those things tend to take over.  I don’t want to be identified by my things.  If I expend energies this year, I would rather it be around people, not things.  To that end I’ve decided to spend January, getting to know what I want to keep and what I can live without.  Kijiji is becoming one of my new best friends.  Things I want to get rid of I list on Kijiji and if they don’t sell there, they are given away to Habitat for Humanity Restore, or a recycler of goods that are no longer of any use to their current owner.  I don’t know what to do with my book collections though – that’s going to be a tough one.  I love my books.  Not that they’re valuable,  but, it took me a long time to find some of the books I have and I’m not sure I’m ready to part with them, yet!

Wherever we plan to spend our time, working or playing, we need to ensure that our time is not being wasted.  I don’t want to spend any more time than I have to paying bills, filing receipts, creating work systems.  What I do want to do is deal with something once – which is not always possible, but, wherever possible that’s what I want to do. 

So, whatever you do this year, I hope for the best for you too!  I want you to be successful in your endeavours and prosperous is friends and family.  Make each day a special one this year.  Do for yourself and do for others – make your life count and appreciate the contribution of others to your family. 

We’ll have a lot more corporate issues to tackle this coming year, but, just for today I want to say thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Privacy Policy

We value privacy, ours and yours; therefore, we will not sell or otherwise knowingly distribute any private information received by us from our contributors and/or subscribers.